In the years since I’ve been a fitness and nutrition professional there is one constant that I hear from people, CARBS WILL MAKE ME FAT! The mere thought of looking at a piece of bread or rice will stick on your love handles like flies on shi*t! Contrary to popular belief this is simply NOT the case. Now it’s true some people might be more sensitive to carbohydrates and fat storage than others but I’m here to give you some simple rules to stick by so you can eat carbs and still loose fat, craziness…I know! You are welcome by the way:)
- Our bodies need carbohydrates to maintain normal body functions, muscle preservation, and brain function! In general even if you are “low carbing” aim for at least 100 grams of carbohydrates (or 400 calories) a day.
- Eat your carbs when your body will utilize them, in the morning for breakfast with a protein source, before resistance training, and after a workout to help repair your body.
- Eat CLEAN carbs, what does that mean? If you eat carbs from natural sources like quinoa, barley, brown rice, sweet potatoes, fruit, and vegetables you will NOT gain fat unless you go extremely overboard!
- It’s ok every now and then to splurge! If you eat clean most of the time it’s ok to indulge your inner food desires like pizza, fries, sweets, and more! Just don’t go too crazy and erase all of your hard work!
- Don’t get down on yourself! If you go on a vacation, eat bad for a few days, or have a “BAD” carb not to worry! Simply go back to eating clean food and you will be back to normal before you know it!
If you follow these 5 simple rules you can eat your cake and enjoy it too, as they say!
STOP LIVING IN BETWEEN AND FIND YOUR HAPPINESS!