If you ever wonder what you can eat after a workout here’s a great example! This recipe has protein, veggies, and the right amount of carbs. This is listed as 1 serving but it can easily be cut into 2, enjoy!
- 8 oz. chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, broken into small florets
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp grated ginger or ginger paste
- 5 large basil leaves, chopped
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Cooked white rice, amount dependent on carbohydrate and calorie needs (may also use brown rice or quinoa,) This will also change the macronutrient content.
- Cook peppers, carrots, and broccoli in olive oil until desired doneness.
- Once veggies are cooked, add chicken breast slices, and cook until chicken is just about done.
- Add garlic, ginger, and soy sauce.
- Remove from heat and mix in chopped basil leaves.
- Mix with white rice.
- If desired, add honey, cilantro, green onions, and lime juice.
- Calories: 487
- Fat: 17.1 g
- Carbs: 24.1 g
- Protein: 59.2 g